Thursday, February 21, 2008

More About Harvey....AND MY TAX ATTORNEY ED!

(Scroll down to see pic of Harvey)
More about Harvey: Even though Harvey Fierstein was quite charming, he seemed a bit guarded all evening...from cocktail chatter to the actual Q&A onstage. In fact, they could have re-titled the evening "Harvey Fierstein promotes A Catered Affair" because that's ALL he talked about. I mentioned to Harvey that my tax attorney, Ed, told me last week he had once been an actor--information which shocked me. He then proceeded to tell me he was in one of the pre-Broadway La Mama performances of Harvey's definitive career-making play Torch Song Trilogy! In fact, his name is "Ed" and the character he played was named for him: "Ed". As I mentioned this to Harvey Fierstein he suddenly got much less "distant" and opened up to me. "Oh my Gosh, how is Ed? Where is he? I'd love to see him again! Please tell him I said hello and give him my best." Moments like this always make me realize that New York City, the great metropolis of 8 million people, is SUCH a small town!
(Scroll down to see pic of HARVEY)

No comments: