Saturday, February 2, 2008

Announcing Rich & Famous Tours and Jim Dykes' Blog

I'm one of the co-founding tourguides for Rich & Famous Tours....NYC's newest "niche" experience tour...Although I've been guiding groups and individuals around New York for YEARS and YEARS, it was time to start a real tour with a connected website that people (individuals, families, groups of 2, 3, 4, etc.) could sign up for a tour. My tours around the Big Apple have always been full of celebrity info ---in fact most of my established guide friends bow to me as the "expert." On her local New York show Joan Rivers introduced me as "the celebrity tourguide" because of my "inside info". I've been an actor for years and my business partner Mike and I have both worked on many tv and film sets so consequently, showbiz is our LIFE and the tours are a secondary love and a way to live while we persue other dreams. For me, my love of showbiz and the "wicked stage" and my love of showing the REAL New York to starstruck visitors and locals co-exist.

Today I'm on my way out the door to do a special Rich & Famous Tour for a group of lawyers and their spouses...more on this later. I'll let you know how it goes and what famous people we spotted. This is what makes our Rich & Famous Tour so special...over the years we've spotted Bette Midler (3 times), Mary Tyler Moore (2 times---she snarled at us), Sarah Jessica Parker (5 times!), Vanessa Redgrave, Denzel Washington, Jennifer Hudson, Demi Moore, Meg Ryan, John Lithgow (walking his dog and later riding the subway), Dustin H0ffman (walking his dog), Jerry Springer, and MANY more celebs. In this blog I'll mention frequently who we are seeing on the Rich & Famous Tour and where we are spotting them.

Also check You-Tube....some of my TV commercial clips are now on there. Check Jim Dykes Commercials. Also www.jimdykes.com
More Later, blogging pals....

No comments: